Classes for adults are held on a semester basis, with 15 two-hour classes comprising a semester. Participants have a choice of Beginners-, Continuing-, B1-Intermediate- and B2-Intermediate to C1-Advanced classes, each conducted over two semesters. The B2 class runs for 4 semesters and C1 is open and will change content based on the requests of the students.
The venues for the Adult classes are:
- Dickson College on the corner of Phillip Avenue and Antill Street, the entrance is on Phillip Avenue. Parking is available in front of the school. (A1-C1)
- Erindale College, parking outside the college and the leisure center. (A1-higher levels depend on enrolment numbers)
- based on request we are now also offering some online classes
COVID-19 Update: We are moving back to face to face classes in 2021. However, we are monitoring the situation and if the situation requires, we will move to online classes again.
Text books and other learning material
The Adult Division currently uses two text book series:
- Beginners A1-Class: Menschen A1
- Continuing A2-Class: Menschen A2
- Intermediate B1-Class: Menschen B1
- Intermediate B2 – Class: Anders gedacht 3rd edition
- C1 Conversation Group: no fixed book, material purchased as needed.
Fees for all courses in semester 1-2021 are $315 for the semester (a 10% discount has been applied to pass on COVID 19 support payments from the government). The fees do not include the cost of text and work books and additional optional material, which you can order using the enrolment form.
Students wishing to enroll at the School need to complete an online Enrolment form.
Lesson dates and times
Classes are held on Tuesday and Wednesday nights between 7pm and 9pm.
The timetable for the current semester can be found here: Timetable for semester 1-2021
We also offer students from all our courses to join us at our free conversation evening. Once a month we get together to enjoy a beer, some food or just good company. Alternatively we might organize a “German” activity (for example to see a German movie or to go to a German, Austrian or Swiss event)